06 October 2006

Quiche Come and Eat

This was taken at Elsie's kitchen, her workplace. Remember I told you that we were caught in a jam and not been able to drop by RSAF Paya Leba airbasefor the air show? We went to visit Elsie instead of trying to find a parking lot.

Quiches!. Brought back lots of memory. My love affair with them started in in Australia when I was at Melbourne for a conference about six years back. The hotel served an assortment of freshly baked quiches. There were salmon, ham, vegetarian .......... With the conference over a few days, like an eagle, I waited for tea to be served and go for the quiches the minute the tray was laid down.

It was a start of a journey of my love affair with quiches as I soaked in the aroma of the quiches browning in the heat.

Concidentally, when Kimberly and I went back home, Janice had brought some freshly baked quiches over for the boys. The message "Aunty Janice brought over some quiches and we finished it. It was yummy". That's it, nothing for me.

Here is Elsie's ham quiche with goat cheese. They are available at Spinelli.

Quiche come and eat. Posted by Picasa

No comments: