30 October 2006

A Tale of Two Fishes

Speaking of the Chef. Here is a tale of two fishes.

What an experience. Two huge salmons about 5.5 kg each before me. The Chef showed me how to fillet the salmon. She did one side and I did the other. Needless to say, the fillets were messed up.

Yes. James, I did the baked salmon with Terry and Siew Yan's help. Someone asked for the recipe and I told Siew Yan that her head will roll if she let out the secret cos she the one who knows it.

Ok, for those who wants to try, it is really easy.
. Fresh herbs - parlsey, basil and rosemary
. Extra virgin olive oil
. Sliced pear
. Coarse minced garlic
. Salt and pepper

Rub the salmon with salt and pepper. Break the herbs up and mix with the oil and garlic. Stuff them together with the pear into the gullet and seal it with strings. Wrap it up with foil. (Needs Terry here to make a large foil - two layers to keep the juices in).

Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments: