21 July 2006

Ma! It Is SuperChicken

Posted by Picasa
Empress Place is buzzing and trendy.

Behind Asian Civilisation Museum, there is this restaurant. With huge Qs. Did not get to explore but it sure caught my attention.

Must go back to Empress Place one of this day to check out the place - 1827 Thai Restaurant, IndoChime and across the river, Boat Quay - another happening place.




Boy, I missed those days where quainted bump boats swayed idly by the river side waiting for passengers.

Back then, in front of Asian Civilisation Museum was a hawker centre. I remembered having with someone whom I can't recall (obviously would want to forget). I had chicken nasi bryani. Not the 'real' stuff cos the chicken was deep fried - not the chicken been cooked together with the rice. I was trying to tear the meat off with the fork and spoon (deep fried chicken is tough). You can't use your hand cos it was lunch time right in the city centre. Office crowd dressed to their nines were sitting around.

I slipped and the chicken flew off the table. And I was sharing table. You don't get to eat alone in city centre. People were everyway waiting for you to finish your meals and 'chop' your seat.

Embarrassed. I pretended nothing happened and quickly finished the rice and walked off.

Can you understand? Were you in such a situation before?

No comments: